Provider Outreach Specialist
Full-time or Part-time
A provider outreach specialist will conduct outbound calls directly to provider offices as part of a clinical team project. This position requires a familiarity and comfort level with medical terminology as it relates to diagnoses. Enthusiasm and courtesy in communicating with physician offices is a must. The provider outreach specialist will need to function independently and as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and urgency in activities, and display comfort and confidence in making a large number of outbound calls to obtain information from provider offices. Basic computer skills required for purposes of documenting calls. This is a temporary contract job that could be full-time or part time. A great way for a health professions student or a professional in transition to earn extra money.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and ability to articulate diagnoses.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including phone communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of a telephone, computer and fax machine.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in documentation.
- Adherence to confidentiality requirements and HIPAA laws.
- Capacity to learn documentation requirements in an Access database.
- Maintain and organize filing system to facilitate retrieval of information.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Workspace is an office cubical or shared office setting.
- Work conditions include prolonged periods of sitting with intermittent movement to fax and file.
- Work hours between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to